- National ID or National Identification Number
- Recommendation Letter and Recommender National ID
- Documents supporting your profession (if applicable)
PASSPORT APPLICATION FEES
- Ordinary Passports cost 250,000 UGX.
- Express Fee 250,000 with an extra Processing of 150,000
Note: All e-passport services are paid for online or over-the-counter in any Ugandan bank that collects Non-Tax Revenue for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
HOW LONG IT TAKES TO PROCESS A PASSPORT
- 10 working days for an ordinary passport
- 2 working days for the Express Passport
QN: Apart from passports, what else is required to travel to free visa countries?
Visa-free travel destinations for Uganda passport holders can change periodically based on various factors, such as;
- Updated visa agreements between countries
- Temporary travel restrictions
- Newly imposed entry requirements.
It is always advisable to check before traveling for any additional visa requirements or temporary restrictions that may be imposed by your travel destination country.
Steps for Applying For a Passport
Step 1: Go to the Passport Portal
Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
Step 3: Answer simple security questions
Step 4: Complete the passport application form
Step 5: Print the Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
Step 6: Make payment for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method in the selected bank.
Step 7: Schedule an appointment for a date of your convenience using the scheduled appointment link on the home page.
Step 8: Print the Passport Application Appointment Form.
Step 9: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the appropriate application requirements displayed on the website, for enrolment.